KTRB-FM came on the air late in 1949 becoming the 3rd commercial radio station in Modesto. It was simulcast with KTRB-AM for many years. Station was owned by Bill Bates and was installed by engineer Max Sayre. The FM antenna was mounted at the top of KTRB-AM's center tower on Norwegian Ave in Modesto.
The original power of the station was 16,000 watts but was gradually reduced to 4,700 watts until 1973 when the station was purchased by the Pappas family group who modernized the facility increasing power to 50,000 watts, moving the transmitter to Black Butte mountain on Coral Hollow Rd. just west of Tracy and changing the call letters to KHOP-FM.
KTRB-FM original GE Transmitter on Norwegian 104.1 Mhz. 4,700 Watts of effective radiated power (ERP).
In late 1949 KTRB FM came on the air mostly simulcasting programming from KTRB AM. The FM antenna was side mounted on KTRB AM center tower in the pasture behind the station on Norwegian Ave. This shot of a workman installing the antenna is believed to have been taken around summertime of 1949.