s June 18, 1933 KTRB AM 740 KCs became the first commercial broadcast station on the air in Modesto and Stanislaus County. The station studios and transmitter were located in a small building at the corner of Sylvan and McHenry in Modesto and was limited to 250 watts and daytime operation only. In 1942 KTRB moved to new studios on Norwegian Ave. in Modesto where they increased their power from 1,000 watts to 10,000 watts over the next several years and changed frequency to 860 KCs.
April 3, 1948 KBEE-FM 103.3 MHz. The McClatchy newspaper group from Sacramento put KBEE-FM 103.3 MHz on the air from studios next to their Modesto Bee newspaper building in downtown Modesto becoming the 2nd commercial broadcast station in the market.
November 1, 1951. KBOX 970 KCs became 6th commercial station in Modesto on the air November 1, 1951 with studios in the Black Bldg. in downtown Modesto with antennas and transmitter near the corner of Sylvan and Oakdale Rd.
June 6, 1966 KOSO-FM 93.1 MHz in Patterson The 8th commercial broadcaster in the market with studios located at the corner of West Main and Carpenter Rd. east of Patterson. Their transmitter was on top of Mt. Oso west of Patterson, Ca.
October 1, 1975 KITA FM 102.3 MHz Modesto, CA This station became number 9 in the market. It was originally an all Spanish station operating from a mobile studio next to KMOD's studios on Orangeburg Ave. Principal owner of the station was Bob Fenton, owner of KFIV. It became KFIV-FM.
March 3, 1978 KMIX-FM 98.3 MHz Turlock, CA This was the FM half of KCEY in Turlock with studios and transmitter located at the corner of Geer Rd and Santa Fe Ave. outside of Hughson, CA. This became the 10th station in the market.
April 5, 1987. KPLA-AM 770 KCs Riverbank, CA became the 13th station in the market. The station is licensed to Riverbank with studios and transmitter located on Cleveland Ave. in Oakdale, Ca. Call Sign today is KCBC.